Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Maniac Magee

The Newberry Award winning book Maniac Magee teaches you about the history of race relations in the United States. Jeffrey Lionel Magee or "Maniac Magee" lost his parents in a tragic accident and had to move to his aunt and uncle's house who had two of everything. Later Maniac runs away during his school play and no one from Holidaysburg, West Pennsylvania ever sees him again.

Maniac Magee really starts when he arrives in Two Mills. When Maniac comes into Two Mills his life you could say...well...his life changes. In fact Two Mills will never be the same.

Maniac Magee is so good I can't think of any book to compare it with. So how about you go ahead and read this book before you pick up another.

Gravypot

2 comments:

  1. Gravypot,

    I LOVE that you reviewed Maniac Magee! Did you know that my mom's students read Maniac Magee one year? I'm pretty sure I was in the 4th grade when her 5th grade class read it.

    I'm definitely intrigued by your review. I'm like...how is Two Mills never going to be the same!!! aaah suspense!

    ReplyDelete